* FULL NAME: Emma Jackson
* PREFERRED TO BE CALLED: Emma, Em, Jacko, EJ
* PREFERRED NOT TO BE CALLED Anything is fine with me
* AGE: 20 years old
* LOCATION: Brisbane, Queensland and you can also find me in Aix Les Bains, France in the European summer
* CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE FEELING OF BEING SELECTED IN THE 2012 OLYMPIC TEAM: Amazing! Being selected to represent Australia at the Olympic Games has been a dream of mine for many years. It is such an honour to be selected and a great recognition of all the hard work and dedication I have put in over the years.
* GREATEST CLAIM TO FAME: U23 World Triathlon Champion 2010 and can’t forget the three Emma podium sweep of the Hamburg World Triathlon Championship Series Race in 2011 where I finished 2nd.
* HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN TRIATHLON: I started triathlon when I was about 15 years old, back in 2006. I have been with my current coach Stephen Moss ever since I began.
* WHAT GOT YOU INTO TRIATHLONS: I came from a running background and competed in cross country and athletic events in various competitions, ranging from school level to national level. I started to not enjoy running as much and I knew of a few other runners who had swapped over to triathlon so I thought I would give it a go and see how it went. My decision to swap over was made even easier when my coach Steve saw me at a local cross country meet and said I should come and train with him. I haven’t looked back ever since that day.
* TOUGHEST RACE: Mooloolaba 2011 – it was a tough day out there
* FAVOURITE RACE: My favourite Australian race would be the Noosa Triathlon as it is such a great weekend full of many wonderful events for the whole family. Plus I also like it as I had my first Elite win there back in 2009. When I am overseas in France I race for a French Triathlon Team, Parthenay in a French Grand Prix Series and I always love the Paris Triathlon race which is a part of the series. We are fortunate enough to get to race right in front of the Eiffel Tower. I love the city of Paris and to be able to race in the middle of it near such iconic sights is amazing.
* TRIATHLON WEAPONERY: My choice of weaponery is the Merida Reacto Team Road bike which I use for majority of my training and racing. I also use the Merida Time Trial Warp bike when I compete in non drafting events.
* GREATEST CLAIM TO FAME OUTSIDE THE SPORT ARENA: That’s a tough one! I don’t think I have one.
* WHY HAVE YOU DECIDED TO BE A PART OF WITSUP.COM: I am really passionate about triathlon and believe it is a great sport for everyone no matter what their ability. It would be great for more women to learn about the sport and to get involved as it is so much fun and leads to an active, healthy lifestyle. This is why I wanted to be a part of witsup.com as I believe it is a great way to promote the sport and get more women involved.
* WHO ARE THE MAIN PLAYERS IN THE SUCCESS OF EMMA JACKSON: I have a great support group around me which makes my whole life, both on and off the sporting arena so much easier. My Mum has been the biggest influence as she has been there from day 1, taking me to training at 4:30am in the morning, coming back to pick me up, driving me to school and home then again to and from training in the afternoon. She was definitely happy when I got my drivers license! She has always supported me through the ups and down and been there whenever I have needed her. I definitely wouldn’t be where I am today with her. My coach Stephen Moss has also been a major influence to my success as he has taken me from a naive 15 year old who knew nothing about triathlon to a 20 year old elite triathlete about to represent Australia at the Olympic Games. Drew Box my boyfriend for the past 3 years has also been a part of my success, helping me with training and putting up with me in general. Other important people and groups include Josh White and training group, Queensland Academy of Sport and Australian Institute of Sport, massage, physio etc service providers who I couldn’t go without and sponsors.
Click below to check out Emma's website, and follow her on twitter